You worked very hard last Tuesday and nearly everyone got a brand new blog!
Yes, you were right about last week's picture. My son took it at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower. Someone thought it may be the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Not bad, considering they are both made of the same material and were designed by engineers.
1. Do a search and find out the names of the engineers who designed both the Eiffel Tower and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Answer these questions:
* When were they built?
* Who designed them?
* What are they made of?
* Do you know any special interesting things about these two constructions?
Write about them in your blogs. Remember: do not copy and paste text from the Internet. It is a crime called plagiarism. Write the information in your own words and put a good link to a website that will give extra information to the readers of your blog.
3. Visit your classmate's blogs and say hello in their comments.
4. Tomorrow you are going to go to the library for a tour of the facilities. Listen to the podcast with Patricia: St George College Librarian. There is a vocabulary exercise to do before the listening. It will help you understand better. Write the answers to the comprehension questions in your blog.
5. Write a post about your hometown and I will show you how to do a link to a website with information about it. We will also upload a photo (it's better to use your own photos, you can bring them in a memory stick or a CD). Today you can just write a short description. Next week you can write a longer one. As an example look at My hometown. If you don't have a computer at home, print all the texts and exercises now.
6. I was sent a very good link for students of English by Oxford University Press. They have a section called Natural English online, with games and exercises for you to practise English in a natural contest. Check these ones about mobile phone text messages: Mobile Madness 1, Mobile Madness 2 and Mobile Madness 3. I have put a permanent link on the right hand side bar so that you can do more exercises whenever you want.
7. If you didn't participate in last week's forum, do it now.
8. Go to Time4English and in Lower Intermediate, listen to 5J Languages.
9. Also in Time4English, listen to 3A Computers. Tell Rosa if you find it too difficult or not.